Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with YouTube and DeviantArt - please help!

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Due to recent enhancements to the Adobe Flash Player installers, you can now remove the player only by using the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller. To remove Flash Player, simply download and run the appropriate uninstaller for your system

get the flashplayer uninstaller
Save the file to your system, choosing a location where you can find it (for example, your desktop).
Quit ALL running applications, including all Internet Explorer or other browser windows, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, or other Messengers. Check the Windows system tray carefully to make certain no applications which might possibly use Flash Player are still in memory.
Run the uninstaller. This will remove Adobe Flash Player from all browsers on the system.

get the uninstaller here...run it
then get the flash player and shockwave player here...install them both
reboot
then go here to test them

Edited by happyrck, 21 March 2008 - 08:27 AM.

Advertisements

atanvardo

atanvardo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
yes, I tried Flash Player uninstaller as well, and did all you've mentioned here, but still it didn't work. But I'll try once again to be sure.

EDIT: so I've done this once again step by step like you said, and still doesn't work.

I'm really loosing any hope

Edited by atanvardo, 20 March 2008 - 07:00 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
what happened when you tried to test them at the link I provided...

mequestion

mequestion

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I was having a problem like that which seemed to come out of nowhere. I tried everything I see here. It ended up being my ISP or IP I think.
Once I changed IP, problem went away

atanvardo

atanvardo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
test results were positive. It says everything works just fine >.>

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
because it seems to be working at least at the test link..(flash and shockwave) please try the following:

1. Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
2. Allow YouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
3. Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren’t set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player.

atanvardo

atanvardo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
those are the advices from YouTube that I already tried. Still didn't help me at all, but of course I'll try again, to make sure.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you could just uninstall both quicktime and real player...both are bloatware at best...
use the add/remove in the control panel to uninstall them
download the quicktime and real player alternatives here first though...much lighter on your system and as far as your concerned they will work just like the other versions
that link is to the quicktime alt...the real player one is on the left side in the tools section

Edited by happyrck, 21 March 2008 - 12:03 PM.

RurouniBobakoon

RurouniBobakoon

• Pip
  • 6 posts
How do you make sure that Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren’t set as the default streaming application? That probably won't fix the fact that I can't see deviantart, but that could help with my youtube maybe?

Atanvardo: Some people on deviantart suggested taking your computer to another internet connection (a friend's house or something) to make sure the problem isn't your internet service provider. I hope you're connected from a wireless laptop ... or else you're in the same sinking boat as me. >_<

atanvardo

atanvardo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
actually yeah >.> we're in the same boat...

I could call my internet service provider and ask them to reset my modem.. maybe that would help. But I have to wait till holidays are over.
I'll try that option with quick time alternative, however I always had those programs and it hasn't blocked YouTube or Deviant before.

Advertisements

atanvardo

atanvardo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
a weird thing just happened ...
I opened Deviant Art and of course it still didn't work properly. While being on that site I opened tools->options->content->advanced (in JavaScript panel) and I enabled all options (only two were enabled before). I closed it and clicked on a pic to try if it turns to full size (which didn't work) and it worked O.o just like enabling those options helped.. I almost got happy that it's fixed but then it stopped working again... and I didn't change a thing... this is really weird.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you click on OK after you enabled all options
for firefox go here and get the java and the flash and the shockwave plugins...DO NOT GET THE OTHER PLUGIN'S

atanvardo

atanvardo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
of course I clicked on 'OK'...

atanvardo

atanvardo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ok, so I did it for the 10th time. Closed all programs that might be connected to Flash. Uninstalled Flash (I used uninstaller that I downloaded), Shockwave, Quicktime, Real player. Also removed 'Macromed' folder from 'system32' folder. I restarted my PC. I installed Flash for Firefox, Shockwave, Java, (checked if YouTube and DA works - it doesn't) then Real Player and Quicktime. I restarted my PC. Nothing...

Edited by atanvardo, 21 March 2008 - 05:36 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I just wanted you to install the plugins