my computer wont turn on
Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:30 PM
Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:39 PM
It sounds like you may have a bad sector on your hard drive.
Since you built the computer you will have a valid OS disc to use recovery console.
First lets check your hard drive, we may have to fix your master boot record later.
How to run checkdisk from recovery console (Windows xp). (Courtesy dsenette)
- Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Note:Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so.
- When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
Note:If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
- When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
- At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following then press Enter:
- Allow this to run UNDISTURBED until completed (45 min or so)
- Report any errors
Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:41 PM
Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:40 PM
The XP disc should act like it is installing XP, but give you the option to press R to repair XP.
Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:58 PM
go here after you check the stop code on your computer
Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:34 PM
Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:54 PM
But select R to repair Windows when given the option.
Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:50 PM
Edited by futball, 12 March 2008 - 06:51 PM.
Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:24 PM
Then follow the directions that have already been given to you.
Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:03 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users