Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Vista HP 32bit

• Please log in to reply

silvara1

silvara1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I am new to these forums and was hoping that someone could give me some advice..

I have been running Vista HP on my system since release with no problems, however in the last two or three days I have been finding that it takes about 5 min or more to load the welcome page where you log in when I switch my computer on. Plus everything seems very sluggish when I attempt to do anything.

Beyond the latest windows update I haven't installed any new programs, plus I have run a full virus check (Norton 360), used the ATF cleaner that you recommended, run Ad-aware 2007 and the SuperAntiSpyware program that you also mentioned, and so far found nothing.

This morning I did try to re-install Vista, since I would rather have a nice fast/clean working computer than a laggy one, but got an error message where it refused to install one of the components and now I don't know which direction to head next, so any help or advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys give me
Silvara

Edit: When trying to do anything with my 2nd HD that I store games, etc on it has now become impossibly slow so could it actually be something to do with that?

EDIT

HijackThis log must only be posted in the Malware Forum, so this log has been removed. The log had no signs of malware infection however, if symptoms persist, and you would like a second opinion, please post in the Malware Forum.

Regards,
RatHat

/EDIT

Edited by RatHat, 11 March 2008 - 07:33 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Unplug the second drive and see if things improve. If they do, its an issue with that drive.