Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Close app with middle button.

• Please log in to reply

pc-fr34k

pc-fr34k

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, I am very used to closing tabs with the middle button in FireFox, it even went this far that I was clicking on applications in the taskbar to close them. After a few clicks I figured I wasn't in FireFox. You can see how 'addicted' I am to this function. Now I was wondering if there is an application or if someone would/could code one that makes it possible to close apps with the middle button on your taskbar, and preferably also on the titlebar.
I think, that since the rightmouse->close function works the same with the taskbar as the titlebar this would be posible by additing the explorer shell. Or use another shell wich has this possibility.

So my main question is if there already is a plugin/prog/whole other shell that makes this possible.

Thanks, pc-fr34k

Btw, I am Dutch so excuse me for my English, I try to be as understandable as possible.

Advertisements

pc-fr34k

pc-fr34k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
*kick. :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
your English is fine...better than my dutch :tazz: (damned american ethnocentrism...i could probably help in spanish, just very slowly ;) )

Anyway, what kind of mouse do you have?

Many of the drivers support mouse button functions like you've asked already...

pc-fr34k

pc-fr34k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
If I use my mouse software I will close the whole app everywere in the program, so if I would open a link in a new tab with the middle button firefox will close.
I want it to work in the taskbar/titlebar. So I think I need an altered explorer.exe... Just like nvidia can alter the explorer view for extra options.

And my English is fine for reading, I just wondered if my spelling and grammer were okay, :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://jenneboer.nl/traydevil/

maybe this?

allows middle button on mouse to close apps

pc-fr34k

pc-fr34k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks, but thats not what I'm looking for. It only works when you click on the icon in the taskbar of the app itself.

pc-fr34k

pc-fr34k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
*kick

pc-fr34k

pc-fr34k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
*kick :tazz: