Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:34 AM
Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:13 AM
1) Assemble the computer
2) Go to BIOS and check if everything works (temperatures are good, fans are working, some other settings to change)
3) Have a bootable CD for memtest and test the memory (based on my experience, I had some trouble with ram and my mobo so this was something I wanted to check first)
4) Install OS
5) Install a virus scan (based also on experience, I had to protect my computer from virus before connecting to the internet, got hit by a virus once I connected to the internet even though I only did the Windows update) and a firewall (windows firewall should be good enough)
6) Connect to the internet
7) Update Windows
8) Install drivers (you can also do this before step 6 or download new drivers and install that after updating windows)
9) Install your softwares
10) Do stress testing like Orthos or Prime95 and 3DMark06 (for graphics card testing) to check if all temperatures are good.
Testing the memory can be done anytime though, some people actually only do this when they encounter some problem, but if I were you, I'd do a memtest even if there are no problems as some motherboards don't support certain RAM and need to update BIOS (in my case anyways)
Edited by kamille316, 11 March 2008 - 11:20 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users