i am pretty sure the solution for all this is quite simple, but it is beyond my experience. hence, lets wrap the malware part up and then you should post your icon issue in the Windows XP™, 2000, 2003, NT
part of this forum.
from a malware point of view your logs are clean
in this post we will clear away the fix tools, reset your restore points (there will be infections lurking in there) and i will leave you with some ideas on how to enhance the protection of your machine against future infection.====STEP 1====
[*] Now type Combofix /u
in the runbox and click OK
[*] When shown the disclaimer, Select "2"
[/list]The above procedure will
If you have trouble with this, let me know and we will clear away the fix tools and reset your restore points another way
- Delete the following:
- ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
- VundoFix backups, if present
- The C:\Deckard folder, if present
- The C:_OtMoveIt folder, if present
- Reset the clock settings.
- Hide file extensions, if required.
- Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
- Reset System Restore.
you can clear away the other fix tools we used====AND FINALLY====
The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people. This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.
- Spybot Search & Destroy - Uber powerful tool which can search and annhilate nasties that make it onto your system. Now with an Immunize section that will help prevent future infections.
- AdAware - Another very powerful tool which searches and kills nasties that infect your system. AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy compliment each other very well.
- SpywareBlaster - Great prevention tool to keep nasties from installing on your system.
- SpywareGuard - Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.
- IE-SpyAd - puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
- ATF Cleaner - Cleans temporary files from IE and Windows, empties the recycle bin and more. Great tool to help speed up your computer and knock out those nasties that like to reside in the temp folders.
- Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
- Google Toolbar - Free google toolbar that allows you to use the powerful Google search engine from the bar, but also blocks pop up windows.
- Trillian or Miranda-IM - These are Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN)
To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this
article by Tony Klein