Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with Spyware Blaster/Guard

• Please log in to reply

Evocater

Evocater

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Everytime I start either SpywareBlaster or SpywareGuard the Windows Installer pops up and wants to install a feature from the Microsoft Office 2000 Disk 2.
The problem is, that this is not my computer and I don't have this cd, because I use Microsoft Works on mine.
The programs both seem to work fine, but it gets anoying, because it takes a long time. Especially when I want to put SpywareGuard in the Startup.

Is there any way to disable this or to get the missing files of the internet?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

TonyKlein

TonyKlein

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 642 posts
  • MVP
Try this:

Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility: http://download.micr...1bd/msicuu2.exe

Run Windows Installer Clean Up, select the application which pops up with the Windows Installer (in your case that MS Office component, and click Remove.

NOTE: This application just removes items from the Windows Installer database, it doesn't touch MS Office/Word itself at all!

Here's an article you want to read before proceeding: Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Edited by TonyKlein, 24 April 2005 - 03:43 AM.

Evocater

Evocater

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thank you very much!
It worked. Everythings fine now! :tazz:

TonyKlein

TonyKlein

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 642 posts
  • MVP
You're very welcome - glad we were able to help.

Happy surfing! :tazz: