Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone here play WoW?

• Please log in to reply

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
So after running Naxx again last night, I was quite proud. Only playing the game about four months total, and I was 2nd on overall DPS for the night! :) I was putting out around 2600 in damage, and I only have 2 of my Tier 7 pieces so far! Go me!

Then I got bored after raiding was done for the night. I made a brand-new toon... level one Dranei Warrior. :)

Think I'll roll a DK next. I've heard the questline is way cool

Advertisements

Perplexus

Perplexus

Lord of the Geeks

• Malware Removal
  • 1,185 posts
If you're rolling a DK, I would skip the arduous process of leveling up a warrior :)

FadeToBright

FadeToBright

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I play very casually :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Actually, the Warrior bored me by level 5, so I deleted her. I now have a level 15 Draenei Mage! I'm loving the Mage!!

oh yeah... first in DPS tonight in Naxx!! I was ecstatic! We were working on Kel'Thuzad. Ick ick ICK! We wiped three times, because a couple of people were having trouble staying far enough away from each other. We had him down to 5% on the last run, though. We'll get him tonight!

Perplexus

Perplexus

Lord of the Geeks

• Malware Removal
  • 1,185 posts
My main is a mage. Wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. When she's geared, she's unstoppable in 1 vs 1. I did that at 70 but after 2 1/2 years of playing, I just cannot spend the time for gear at 80. It's draining...like a second job.

I'm actually very surprised at how much happier my life is since I stopped playing :)

WOW is the best game to have ever been created....more addicting than crack!

P.S. Gratz on leading in DPS! Quite satisfying isn't it?

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Gearing up is simple if you're in a Guild, and run Naxx or Ulduar a couple nights a week for a few hours each time. :)

And yeah - it feels good. :)

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
I agree with Kat.. if you have the time to do Naxx10/25 once per week you'll be geared up in no time. I always enjoy doing VoA25 too because there's always a chance for tier / deadly gladiator gear. Now that they've added Emalon it has become alot more difficult, but you can always just go in to kill Archavon.

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
I started playing wow late, compared to release date. But some friends convinced me that I had to come and play with them. Well I did. Finally got my little Gnome Wizard to level 70 and thought that now would all the fun begin. But nay, the gearing up process and the trivial dailies sucked the fun out of it for me. Had only been level 70 in like 3-4 months before the new expansion hit the streets, and I simply didn't wanted to go through another 10 levels again, just to face the same boredom. So now I don't play anymore, and can't imagine I would start that arduous road once again.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I don't do dailies. I pretty much spend the time raiding (we raid five nights per week), doing other 5-man heroics, and helping the lower level ones in our guild when they need it. Last night I was bored, so I ran the Pally thru both Scholomance and Stratholme solo. Gotta love the loot fest :)

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Yeah dailies really aren't required in the game unless you are going for achievements or rep awards. The only rep awards that are really beneficial are the head enchants. Most other rep awards are for players wanting to gear up or for mounts and other fun items.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Well, I do know some people who rely on the dailies to make more gold! It's quite expensive to raid... repair bills, mana potions and battle elixirs :)

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Dailies are certainly useful for making gold and such, they're pretty much all I do for gold haha. I didn't mean that they're useless, just not required to make the game fun! :)

Perplexus

Perplexus

Lord of the Geeks

• Malware Removal
  • 1,185 posts
:) OMG :)

I finally uninstalled WOW yesterday to make room to create a Virtual Machine. I feel like I've abandoned my children :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

:) OMG :)

I finally uninstalled WOW yesterday to make room to create a Virtual Machine. I feel like I've abandoned my children :)

How could you!?!? *GASP*

I finally rolled a DK. She's such a cute little thing... Gnome DK with pink pigtails! :) I'm serious! Already have her up to level 64 after three days. The questline WAS very cool. I honestly recommend everyone do it at least once. The lore and history to it is really a lot of fun.

Peace2Peace

Peace2Peace

• Pip
  • 4 posts
And I like L2)