Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone here play WoW?

• Please log in to reply

AgentXu

AgentXu

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
I was so proud of myself for creating a level 80 Death Knight a few weeks ago. Then I realized all my armor sucked, my weapon was terrible, and I had configured my macros all wrong.

So I had a friend log in and fix it for me. In the end I spent almost a hundred bucks to have some cool weaponry/armor. I rode around exploring the world for a while (Outland was my favorite part), defending the helpless against bullies... and then I got tired of it. It was fun for a while but I just can't get into in a "hard core" fashion.

A.X.

Advertisements

KatyKat97

KatyKat97

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Occasionally I play WoW, it's a really fun Webkinz World game :-P
WoW= Wheel of Wow

chelsea87

chelsea87

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I bought a brand new copy of WoW (better late than never :) ) at a thrift store for $3.0. If I ever get this computer working right again I want to try it out, it even has a free 10 day guest key with it. I am currently playing Fable 2 and getting ready to start Overlord.

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
I gave up on WoW when I got horribly bored of the constant grinding.

Unfortunately I reinstalled it and am currently continuing my mage :)

Bringing back my flatmates (roommates) into it as well bahaha

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I don't play, but one of my friends does, and she says it's great. I'm probably going to play when I go off to college :)

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

I'm probably going to play when I go off to college

Uh oh... :)

Area 51

Area 51

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
I have been playing for almost a year now, I started playing right before WOTLK came out. Blizzard announced the newest expansion pack, Cataclysm. Probably be out early next year hopefully. Seems a little quick for a expansion pack so soon though, WOTLK hasn't been out a year yet.

80 DK Night Elf Warrior
69 Night Elf Warrior
Eitrigg server
Alliance

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
About to go to university, stopped playing about 6 months ago. Before then played for about 3 years. Hoping not to get started again :)

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
Everyone always comes back to WoW at some point :)

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
I used to be an active GW player but now it just makes me guilty.

All that time could be spent learning.

Advertisements

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
Just need a good balance that works for you.

No point being all work and no play because you will turn into one of those old people who chase people down the street with their walking sticks :)

And there's no point being all play and no work unless you invent a tree that grows money. <--- Let me know if you do

Edited by snowchick7669, 08 September 2009 - 07:24 PM.

Perplexus

Perplexus

Lord of the Geeks

• Malware Removal
  • 1,185 posts
That's all well and good if you're one of those people that can balance things like that. But for myself, I have an addictive personality and there is no such thing as moderation. I uninstalled it, walked away and I'm never going back. If you are one of these types of people and you're off to college, I say do not get started. It's worse than crack.

Pick up a hobby that's just as fun and geeky :) Like geocaching. At least you get some exercise :)

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
I would say the same for myself, any hobby I find - I become obsessed. I only practice that hobby.
Everything else is shoved out the way.

Edited by Randomlygeneratedusername, 12 September 2009 - 09:03 AM.

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
WoW ruins some of my weekends but I love it :)

I find it to be a very entertaining game once you get to a certain level.

I actually preferred Guild Wars to be honest (don't hurt me :) ), I liked the feel and WILL (hopefully) quit WoW for Guild Wars 2.

I can only play one computer game at a time, otherwise that's when my balance gets thrown out of whack

Edited by snowchick7669, 27 September 2009 - 07:01 PM.

Nadrii

Nadrii

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Dear God, this thread is still alive? :)

Hehe, well. I have quite a story for you guys! The OP is myself, I've since made a new forum account for reasons I won't go in to at the moment. Anyways ...

Those 2 characters I initially linked are long gone :) . Around late January, early February of this year I was attempting Sartharion 3 drakes 10 man with my guild. This guild was ranked 18th in the US at the time and were pushing pretty hard to complete this encounter due to the fact that at the time it was the most difficult thing in the game to accomplish. Well we spent about 6 hours attempting it one afternoon and called it a night.

The next morning around 10am one of the guys who was in the group the night before started talking to me on Vent about a bug someone discovered concerning the encounter. It had to do with a talent in the Disc tree for priests and well, me being me I had to try it. The event snowballed in to a full 10 man raid with 3 Disc priests exploiting the encounter for about 3 1/2 hours (as long as it took us to kill him using this bug) when we finally killed him.

The next day around 7pm, 30 minutes before 25 man raid invites were going out all 10 of us were kicked off the server. As everyone tried to log in we got the same message that our accounts had been suspended. Of the 10 people, I was the only one to receive a permanent ban to my account due to previous warnings. I almost died inside :)

The opposing guild Alliance side (this whole story happened with a Horde guild) was <vodka>, the rank 3 guild in the world, #1 in the US at the time. They transferred off Mannoroth to Alterac Mountains. I figured since I was starting the game from scratch again I may as well go up a notch and apply to vodka. Well, I rerolled Alliance on Alterac Mountains and leveled to 80 in about a week. I applied and go figure, the night before an old priest who had gone casual decided to come back to the game. There went my spot ...

I applied to the next best guild on the server, <Wendigo Brewing Co>, and made it in just fine considering my experience. They are no where near as good as <vodka> is but you know what, I was sick of guild hopping. I went through 5-6 different guilds trying to get better and better without ever being stable. I've stuck with WBC and I don't regret it. I go in to my main 25 man raids and can name every single person there by their first name. It's a nice feeling know who you're raiding with and knowing them well. It makes the game that much more enjoyable :)

Now a days I have my 80 priest and 80 shaman, both are very well geared in full t8 + t9. I'm trying really, really hard to get the Gladiator title on either toon. It's something I've been trying to accomplish for almost 2 years now ever since my priest was on Skullcrusher specced shadow during s3. I can't quit this game without getting Glad!! :)

Well, excuse the wall of text but I guess I enjoyed writing this little story too much, hehe. Catch you all later!

Edited by Nadrii, 28 September 2009 - 11:12 AM.