Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone here play WoW?

• Please log in to reply

Icedrake

Icedrake

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Nope, never played WoW, and probably never will. I do like Warcraft III + Frozen Throne though. Those are great games. :)

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I was the only one to receive a permanent ban to my account due to previous warnings.

So you're playing again, even though you're permanently banned? Being a Geek in Training, you definitely know that we don't condone things like that... not here, nor anywhere. I would suggest talking to the Blizz execs, and attempting to get your account ban lifted. Just going around it isn't cool. :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I was so proud of myself for creating a level 80 Death Knight a few weeks ago. Then I realized all my armor sucked, my weapon was terrible, and I had configured my macros all wrong.

So I had a friend log in and fix it for me. In the end I spent almost a hundred bucks to have some cool weaponry/armor. I rode around exploring the world for a while (Outland was my favorite part), defending the helpless against bullies... and then I got tired of it. It was fun for a while but I just can't get into in a "hard core" fashion.

A.X.

Wait... you created an 80 DK? How'd you manage that? You cannot even roll a DK unless you have another toon over level 55, and have both expansions bought and installed. Your DK starts at lvl 55, and you level it up to 80 from there. Surely, that's what you meant. :) If your armor sucked and your weapon was terrible, you didn't quest very well. :)

My DK is coming along nicely. She's level 75 now. I don't get to play that often, so it's slow going. My level 80 Pally spends her time chasing the Loremaster title, and running Heroics whenever she gets the chance. :)

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Good ol' Loremaster title.. Back when I played I think I only ever saw 2 people with that. It takes an awful lot of questing, but I guess that's what makes you the "Loremaster" :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I'm well on my way to it. The only person I know in-game with the title is our Guild leader. I've made it my mission to obtain it! I am just about finished with the Northrend ones, and don't have many to do in Outlands. The biggest problem will be doing boring low-level ones in Kalimdor and EK. :)

Nadrii

Nadrii

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
When my account was permanently banned they didn't even bother to follow their own rules. They have a list of steadily increasing penalties for any offense you commit. The first few things that ever happened to me were one or two actual warnings from GM's in game over a period of 3 years. Then one weekend I made a South Park reference in trade chat and got an immediate 2 day suspension, skipping 3 steps in their 'Penalty Volcano'. After that there are yet again 2 more steps until account closure that were completely ignored when this whole experience happened to me.

Trust me, I emailed Account Administration at least 50 times siting their own regulations, yet they simply ignored me. I'm way too in to the game to cold turkey after that so I made a new account. It was all I had left to do =(