Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"USB Device unrecognizable"

• Please log in to reply

Largo

Largo

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hey, I just recently put windows back on my computer, I've been using Linux. And I want to use my flash drive but my usb ports on the front of my box aren't working. They're connected right and everything on the motherboard. But they aren't working. I've downloaded drivers from nvidia, and windows, but Epox, the board manufactures website doesn't have drivers for my board. Weird huh? lol. Its an Epox 9NDA3 nForce 3 Ultra motherboard, so if anyone finds a driver for it I will bow to you and kiss your feet. Cuz I really need this thing to work. Thanks a bunch!!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I think you need to look for Nvidia motherboard drivers.

I don't know if these are the right ones, so you will need to investigate some more.

http://www.nvidia.co...winxp_5.10.html

I have read where there is a bug in the Nvidia 5.11 drivers and some people reverted to the 4.71 drivers to correct a ethernet problem in the 5.11 drivers.

SRX660

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
USB is often disabled by Default in the BIOS. To enable USB in the BIOS one or more of the following statements must be true.

USB Keyboard - DOS or Enabled (Even if you have NO USB Keyboard)

Legacy USB Support - Enabled

and/or

Assign IRQ for USB - Enabled (Some combinations of OS and BIOS version require this setting to be Disabled).

If there are NO references to USB in the BIOS setup, your BIOS Version Needs To Be Updated.

To achieve proper USB connectivity six basic system elements must be present and working correctly.

1) Support from the BIOS

2) Support from the Operating System

3) Physical USB ports

4) A USB Device

5) The correct USB cable for the device

6) Drivers either from the OS and/or the peripheral maker