Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limewire removal

• Please log in to reply

peyote

peyote

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hi

can someone please post me a "step by step" on "how to remove Limewire" as I've heard this thing is like a tick and hard to erase, I want it gone(like a pet dog with rabies) but I shall still cry as I do it :*(

Many thanks :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

david28

david28

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Lime wire isn't hard to remove, just go to the Control Panel and double click on add/remove programs, then, scroll down to where you see Limewire, click on it once, then click on uninstall then it will open the Limewire uninstall app, click next and it will uninstall :) .

Regards,
David.

peyote

peyote

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I know that already but when Limewire is uninstalled it leave registry and files behind and I want to know where I can find them so I can delete them.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

A good idea can be to uninstall Limewire running your computer in Safe Mode. There's a good tutorial here to access your computer in Safe Mode, if you do not know this already.

After this, you can download and run CCleaner, which is a temporary files cleaner and registry cleaner.

Last, you can then navigate into your Program Files directory (usually C:/Program Files), and delete the folder (if it's still there) called Limewire.

This should remove most, if not all, elements of any program.

Also, here is a link I have found with some further information that may be of assistance to you in your task.

Cheers

Troy

peyote

peyote

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Thank You Troy.