Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE searches no longer work!

• Please log in to reply

ross2011

ross2011

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all

Here's my problem: I have two accounts on my home PC, administrator account - (mine)
and a limited user account for my girlfriend. For months IE has worked on both accounts
without any gliches. However, this week my girlfriend discovered that when using
her account the google searches she tried to run would not longer do anything. In
a nutshell the buttons (i assume the java controlled buttons) on the google page
don't work anymore? The same is true of Yahoo and many other sites, where i can't

The internet connection is fine, I tried resetting all the internet options to default,
resetting my ZoneAlarm firewall and every other setting i could think of. I don't
use Windows firewall so i ruled that out - no joy!

The thing that really throws me though is that my account is completely unaffected?
My searches and buttons work fine, so the problem is limited to local limited accounts?
I tried deleting my girlfriends account and creating another, but the same problem
occurred.

I have run Ad-Aware Pro, Spy-Bot and Norton antivirus and system works, which all
turned up nothing. I ran all the above on both mine and her account with admin rights
across the board.

Im running XP pro SP 2, but i've been on SP 2 for months now, so i don't think thats
a problem.

I don't know what else to say, i have tried everything and can think of nothing else
to add. If any of you have any suggestions please throw them this way!

Thanks in advance.

:tazz:

Advertisements