Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe CS3 and Vista - Installation

• Please log in to reply

rhybootemplates

rhybootemplates

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

So I just purchased this brand new Toshiba Satellite with processor Intel Core 2 Duo at 1.66GHz, 2GB of RAM an 32-Bit OS. Also not long ago I purchased Adobe Creative Suite 3 (WEB PREMIUM) 5.1 for my previous computer which was a DELL with OS-XP. Anyways I threw this disk into the Disc drive (DVD-RW) since thats the only one on the notebook and it auto-played and took me right to the auto-play page. Now when I click the "Install CS3 WEB PREMIUM" button it brings up the loading bar, which runs the installation, and then closes out without the bar even starting. I dont know if it has something to do with CS3 clashing with Vista or if it's just another Vista problem, I heard something about CS2 not being brought into Vista or something. Anyways I think that they should of spent a heck of alot more time on troubleshooting this platform than making it look nice, It's about as frusterating as Windows ME. If anyone could guess at the problem, that would be great.

Thanks
-Calvin

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

What version of Vista are you using?

I am asking because I found this on the Adobe website FAQ's:

Why don't Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications support the Starter and Home Basic editions of Windows Vista?

The Starter and Home Basic editions of Windows Vista are entry-level operating systems for the casual user. They do not offer the level of support that Adobe's professional creative products require. However, some Adobe products designed for the more casual user, such as Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0, do run on Windows Vista Starter and Home Basic editions.

Murray