Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

suddenly no sound

• Please log in to reply

smcgh

smcgh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i went through all the trouble shoots and i guess the sigma tel high definition audio codec drive is suddenly gone?

Advertisements

david28

david28

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Are the sound cards drivers updated to the latest drivers?

Gusterv10

Gusterv10

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
If you have a big brand computer like HP, Dell, Gateway, Emachine, etc.. Chances are you can find the missing driver on the manufacturers website. Most of these sites have an option where you select your computer model and it gives you a list of all the drivers used. Just try to find it, unzip, install and reboot. If your driver isn't found, atleast you know the name of it so you can try googling it. I don't mean to offend you with this question, but have you tried looking at the Advanced Sound options in the Control Panel? I've seen some cases where the device just got disabled. You can also check if it's been desabled by right click on "My Computer" then go to "Manage" then "Device Manager". I hope some of this helps. Let me know how it turns out.