Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sloq

• Please log in to reply

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Well I have a decent Internet Speed... Until about a week ago I started noticing that my downloads were going at a 30-60kb/s speed when normally they go at 80-100kb/s (Hey, if I was an adult, I'd been buy way faster Internet, but come on, I'm only 14. And also you know Hispanic families = CHEAP!). So yeah I don't know if its something with my settings or Verizon is just down for a while... but yeah tommorow I'm going to try my Internet with out my router connected and see how that goes... because it might be something in the router's settings.

I dont think its any Malware/Virus because I've done many checks and my Computer seems to be running fine, although it has been getting slow from time-to-time.

So if someone can please help me get my Internet back to speed, or give me tips, it would be greatly appreciated!

PS: I am using Verizon DSL and a Linksys Wireless Router WRT54G.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most likely ISP issue.
Get your parents to contact the internet provider if it doesn't clear up in a few days.

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Ok thanks...