Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I hate drivers ><

• Please log in to reply

SavvyClay

SavvyClay

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
New PC, and I still have driver issues, grrrgh. :)

When I play recent games (namely the Sims 2) it will get to neighbourhood/sometimes further, and the monitor will go to sleep and not turn on again.

I have set monitor sleep to never, and I don't believe it's overheating caus other people have solved this with updates etc.

HELP!

My driver is an ATI Radeon 9200 PRO 128mb, I am running Windows XP Pro.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you still running windows xp (just asking because you said it was a new pc). also what monitor do you have?

SavvyClay

SavvyClay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
yes I am still running XP.

My monitor is a hp vs17e

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, you can change your power settings to disable "turn off monitor". Then you can set your screen save to blank or something else. That is what I have to do. another option is to see if your monitor allows for "power saving" adjustments. Mine does not.

does your system go into standy mode as well? Not that it would make a huge difference. I think your monitor is having issues.

You can always hook it up to another system for a while and see how it does.

SavvyClay

SavvyClay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I played for quite a bit and it seems to be fixed, thanks!

But now there's another weird problem; when my mouse rolls over anything in the game, the sims and anything they are interacting it get lines through them. I attached a picture, caus this is kinda hard to explain.

Attached File  lineysims.bmp   295.69KB   225 downloads

?????