Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

not a valid win32 application there still some problems

• Please log in to reply

dondada

dondada

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
:confused

I still have some problems after the cleaning of the virus from the last message board. I can install my virus protectors now. I've used Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and HijackThis, and everything seems to be clean. The problem I'm now having is it has some Windows files still not working right. Example, I no longer have a search button on my Windows start button. I also cannot get into my help button on the start menu. It wants to show up but it doesn't. That started when I got the virus. Also, Windows registry editor does not work. The fixreg.reg Registration Entries does not work. It gives me "fixreg.reg is not a valid Win32 application." I also ran the sfc/scannow and still have this problem. I need some help please.

Advertisements