Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Discard PING from WAN side

• Please log in to reply

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Ok so my router say if i discard ping it could be safer.here is what it say
Block WAN Ping

When you "Block WAN Ping", you are causing the public WAN IP address on the DI-524 to not respond to ping commands. Pinging public WAN IP addresses is a common method used by hackers to test whether your WAN IP address is valid.

So what are the cons and pros>? :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Realistically you're more likely to get run down by a bus than get discovered on the internet by a "hacker". Bearing in mind buses pass millions of people every day and a tenth of one percent of them will have an incident, then the internet is used by billions of people every hour of the day, so you're more likely to get spotted by something you've downloaded rather than them coming to you.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Realistically you're more likely to get run down by a bus than get discovered on the internet by a "hacker". Bearing in mind buses pass millions of people every day and a tenth of one percent of them will have an incident, then the internet is used by billions of people every hour of the day, so you're more likely to get spotted by something you've downloaded rather than them coming to you.

Haha :) maybe your rigth.
But let say for a reason you have a lot of hackers friends and you gave you computer to him but he didnt tell you he was a hacker.What would you do>?
Or you wanna be a hacker who hacks hackers
^-^ :)

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Think about what you've just written.
If you should know a hacker friend, why would he hack you? And why would you give him your computer? If he is a hacker, he'd have his own computer. What would he want with yours? Far easier to come round your house and sit in front of it.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Think about what you've just written.
If you should know a hacker friend, why would he hack you? And why would you give him your computer? If he is a hacker, he'd have his own computer. What would he want with yours? Far easier to come round your house and sit in front of it.

He would hack me for fun.Because he wanted to fix some stuff that was wrong..
But i guest maybe he doesnt want to hack me it just a guest.