Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create a FREE account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you sign in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Discard PING from WAN side

• Please log in to reply

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Ok so my router say if i discard ping it could be safer.here is what it say
Block WAN Ping

When you "Block WAN Ping", you are causing the public WAN IP address on the DI-524 to not respond to ping commands. Pinging public WAN IP addresses is a common method used by hackers to test whether your WAN IP address is valid.

So what are the cons and pros>? :)

Similar Topics: Discard PING from WAN side     x

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Realistically you're more likely to get run down by a bus than get discovered on the internet by a "hacker". Bearing in mind buses pass millions of people every day and a tenth of one percent of them will have an incident, then the internet is used by billions of people every hour of the day, so you're more likely to get spotted by something you've downloaded rather than them coming to you.

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Realistically you're more likely to get run down by a bus than get discovered on the internet by a "hacker". Bearing in mind buses pass millions of people every day and a tenth of one percent of them will have an incident, then the internet is used by billions of people every hour of the day, so you're more likely to get spotted by something you've downloaded rather than them coming to you.

Haha :) maybe your rigth.
But let say for a reason you have a lot of hackers friends and you gave you computer to him but he didnt tell you he was a hacker.What would you do>?
Or you wanna be a hacker who hacks hackers
^-^ :)

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Think about what you've just written.
If you should know a hacker friend, why would he hack you? And why would you give him your computer? If he is a hacker, he'd have his own computer. What would he want with yours? Far easier to come round your house and sit in front of it.

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Think about what you've just written.
If you should know a hacker friend, why would he hack you? And why would you give him your computer? If he is a hacker, he'd have his own computer. What would he want with yours? Far easier to come round your house and sit in front of it.

He would hack me for fun.Because he wanted to fix some stuff that was wrong..
But i guest maybe he doesnt want to hack me it just a guest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured