Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blogger subscribe/rss feeds

• Please log in to reply

normonster

normonster

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I have been blogging for two months and am starting to get a lot of traffic. I want to provide a "subscribe" widget but am really confused. Google (I'm on a google blog) has a few help things on the subject but it is hard to make sense out of these. I'm not very computer literate but am trying to learn. How do I add a simple widget for my blog that allows subscribers? Several places say it is easy..."just copy the following HTML into your layout" but then they list three or four different things and I'm not sure which one is the one I should copy and paste.

Any help here wquld be greatly appreciated. I need help on understanding RSS feeds and will ask later. The google help sites are OK but they always assume you are stating much higher on the learning curve.

normonster

http://www.normsnote...r.blogspot.com/

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
FeedBurner is on of the most used "subscription" services on the internet. I recommend it.

normonster

normonster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Thanks, Will. I follwoed through with it all and it sasy I have RSS feeds hooked up but for the life of me I don't know how to check. I tried to get a "subscribe" button for e-mail but it was really confusing. My traffic is doing pretty good so something must be working.

I might be back after I cut some wood.
norm

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Well, I believe all you need to do is copy and paste the HTML code required into the page, if I am correct. I would be more then happy to assist if that is of an issue.

normonster

normonster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Will-
That's a nice offer. Like I said, I still don't know whether anything is working and I don't see a widget so something is wrong. IT would be wonderful if you could help here. How would we go about it?
norm

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I will send you my email over PM (Personal Message.)

normonster

normonster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Will-
Sorry it took so long but my health went downhill and I was having problems doing anything. Today I ran an evaluation program on my site and found I have the RSS feeds hooked up. There are other things I need to do and I have a pretty good idea how to do them but may ask for help if I get stumped.

Thanks. You folks are wonderful.
norm