Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.net framework

• Please log in to reply

milfredo

milfredo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
When I go to install .net framework 2.0 I get an error saying I need to make sure I have authorization, but no where does it let me do that. So I don't know what to do. How do I let it know I am the man...this is my computer.

Please any help wouild be appreciated.

Milfredo

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The account you are using must be labelled as a "Computer Administrator" in Control Panel->User Accounts.

milfredo

milfredo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks. I did that and now get error that says to make sure I have access to .net framework 1.0

Now what do I do. This is driving me nuts. I have a couple of programs I need that won't run till I get .net 2.0 going.

Thanks in Advance

Milfredo

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Install .NET 1.1 first, then install .NET 2.0.

milfredo

milfredo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank You. I assume I will have to get rid of 1 first and then redownload and install.

Milfred

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Yes, uninstall all versions of .NET that appear in Add or Remove Programs then install .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0. Do a Windows update after to get any updates for them.

Also, set Automatic Updates to notify you, rather than Automatic so you can see what is being offered and refuse .NET 3.0 as it seems to cause more problems that it's worth (if it's worth anything).