Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get my wireless to be on the same network as VPN

• Please log in to reply

Akguy84

Akguy84

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So, I was contracted through where I work to setup the wireless network and get the POS, or Point of Sale systems to talk to one another, well all the POS systems were going through the VPN switch so they saw one another already since they need their own workgroup. I setup my boss' wireless so he can access his Internet connection from his office upstairs and he sort of wanted his own particular network anyway and didn't want others to connect to his computer or see anything he has shared already. Well, everything was going fine, then he wanted me to be able to have anyone connected through the wireless to be able to print to a printer connected to one of the POS systems on the VPN and since they're very different subnets, one is a class C and the other is an A or whichever the 10.0.1.whatever is... I am stumped as to how to do this. Would I setup up the wireless router now as an access point, create a bridge, or what? I was told that I might need a bridge, but because the switch, which is my VPN is different than my wireless which is a Belkin, the bridge wouldn't work, but I do know that it can all be seen as one continuous network even if they aren't the same hardware, right? I hope I wasn't too confusing, but I'd like to get this done ASAP. I should've been done, had he not wanted the printer to be seen from both networks.

So, this thread can be deleted, closed... something. I feel like an idiot, I just set up the stupid wireless as an access point and it worked and problem was solved. Gawsh, I should've remembered this, but it's been years since I had to do this and I'm out of practice. Either way, I still feel like an idiot.

Edited by Akguy84, 22 March 2008 - 01:20 AM.

Advertisements