Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Taskmgr eror in XP- unable to open

• Please log in to reply

PARIAH

PARIAH

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
'Another program is currently using this file'

Advertisements

Basementgeek

Basementgeek

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 28 posts
Hi PARIAH:

To be honest, you have three topics open today. Probably would be best to tackle one problem at a time, since they could be related.

It will easier for folks to help you if you keep every thing in one thread, unless it is a different PC.

BG

PARIAH

PARIAH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
OKay..

Ztruker guided us through the missing/corrupted files issue, and I worked out a temporary patch on the missing sndvol32.exe by installing another mixer.

Now on to the most recent error, and we've almost got us a working machine!

When attempting to run taskmgr I get the error message ' 'Another program is currently using this file'

I was getting the same thing through ctrl+alt+del, but now that jey combination seems to do simply nothing.

I ran spybot S&D and it showed nothing, although I'll run it again. Anyone seen this before?

also it plays the WIndows Error Thud (the lowish-middle tone one) revery 9-10 seconds (I counted). In cfact it's doing it as I type this

Edited by PARIAH, 23 March 2008 - 11:48 AM.