Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Replacement MOBO for my equipment

• Please log in to reply

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Ok, I've searched around, and it is becoming harder and harder to find socket 939 things, and my mobo of 2 years, I believe, has crashed on me and won't even post, nor do anything with the bios... It doesn't even send out a signal for video, and I think the hard drive along with the cd rom drive rev up but then quickly stop spinning.

So anyway, this is the mobo I'm looking at this mobo, actaully I already ahve it ordered, because it has capabilities for my father to have it later on, or I can pass it down later on.

http://www.ascendtec...=MB64HPNAGAMI2L

I saw it is a HP brand, and well I just trust HP at this moment; and it is an asus board, and personally, I have a system that my brother now has, and that machine is still running with flying colors.

Well, I know what a lot of you are gonna say about checking power, video card, ram, hardrive, cd rom drive... I've done it all, and even tried to boot with just video card, mobo, cpu and ram, and changed it all around... been dead since xmas, and now I'm very hopefull it is just the mobo, and not the processor... So well let me know what you think. I just need 3 pci, and 1 PCI Express, and dual channel ram. So it's what I need/want. and the on board video is a plus for if my video card goes bad, or if I'm gonna pass it down to someone.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Why bother with a factory MB when you can get this for about the same price and still sell a processor on Ebay to get some money back. I did not see where you get any drivers CD with that H=-P motherboard but perhaps you could download them from the H-P website. I would check on that.

http://www.tigerdire...e...&CatId=1619

SRX660

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

SRX660 - your idea is valid, but the Tiger Direct page says:

THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I had a quick look at a few US e-tailers but could not find it on their websites either.

Cheers

Troy

Edited by troy, 25 March 2008 - 07:12 AM.

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
well the mobo... I ordered the one I mentioned... I Franticaly searched for the drivers and I believe I found most if not all of them. I think all I'm missing now is the I/O plate for the back... Wish me luck!

Let me know if you guys have had any trouble with this kind of deal... I'm putting an hp mobo in a custom machine

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
So has anyone found anything wrong with this mobo... Oh and does anyone know where I can find a faceplate for it aka: I/O Plate for the back.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

You may be able to find a backplate for it somewhere, but if not you can just grab an old one and some tin snips, and make it fit. Not the most prettiest, but it will be facing backwards anyway. As long as all the ports are able to fit through and not be held back, it should be all good.

Obviously, avoid leaving any sharp bits poking out (or in).

Cheers

Troy

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Thanks, I'll take that into consideration... I had maybe thought that some old plates I have will fit, cuz I have one from my dead mobo, and one from my bro's and my case, so I'm sure I could find something that is close, and cut out the rest... I'll try that, since it sounds like the easiest solution, I can't find a plate anywhere, done a few days of searching.