Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojandownloader.xp

• Please log in to reply

stik1964

stik1964

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I am having problems with my desktop display and the pop ups of a windows security center that my comp is infected. Any help please? Thanks

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi stik1964 and welcome to GeekstoGo!

I suggest you head over to the malware forums. Read this thread first. Following what is outlined there you will get rid of at least the majority of your malware problems. If the problem still persists post a Hijack this log HERE for the experts to analyze. If it has been 3 days and you haven't received help, post in the waiting room and someone will get to you.

stik1964

stik1964

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks, I will try it. I do have live one care, will that effect the fixing of the problem?

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
It shouldn't however it is advisable to only have one antivirus installed since having more can cause conflict between the two programs and even heighten the changes of you getting infected , simply go through that little guide (the read this thread first link), or as you have ran already a good amount of programs download HijackThis by trendmicro (step 5 in the aforementioned link) post it in the Malware forums and have an expert look it over for you.

stik1964

stik1964

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I did add all the info from hijack on the malware thread and now waiting for some pro help. Thanks for your help.