Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frustrating Address Bar mix

• Please log in to reply

Hestia

Hestia

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

The drop down menu of my IE address bar and that of the one used by my computer for normal internet browsing are currently mixing their sub folders.
So in other words when browsing through my documents, or in IE, web urls are mixed up with things like My Documents, My Computer, Control pannel, etc.
Can anyone tell me what setting do I change so that the drop down menu in IE only shows web urls and that my other browser only shows things relevnat to an interaction with my computer?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is normal behaviour. Internet Explorer is such an integrated part of Windows that their paths will cross.

Hestia

Hestia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Really? Because I've had this laptop for a few months and it has only started doing this recently....also for years I had a XP desktop and this never happened.

But anyway...if I switched to firefox would that make any difference?