Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card issues in CSS

• Please log in to reply

JumboJoe

JumboJoe

• Pip
  • 5 posts
So I've had my nvidia 8800gts 320mb for about 4 or 5 months now and until now it has run pretty much every game I play on it beautifully i.e. Bioshock, Crysis, UT3. But I just got started playing counterstrike source and I don't know what the issue is. I know I'm not lagging, my ping is always 20-40, but it'll lag like once every minute or so and when it does, all the dead bodies on the ground prop up and then fall at the same time. People have been telling me I have fps lag and it's my graphics card, I can't find a solution and it's so hard to play a game when it does that constantly.

My comp specs:
Core 2 Duo 2.6ghz
8800gts 320mb
2 gb ram
my mother board is sli compatible but I only have one card

If anyone has had this problem or knows what the issue is please help me fix it, it's annoying as all [bleep].

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
make sure you have the latest video drivers from nvidia.com.

What is your screen resolution? Try turning down your in-game resolution or disabling/reducing some of the features.

JumboJoe

JumboJoe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've tried all of that and nothing has worked, I don't really notice much of a difference between the different resolutions, but I use the highest, I think it's 1600x1200

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
interesting. have you looked at the steam forums to see if you see anything similar has been posted?