Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor problem

• Please log in to reply

bobari

bobari

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all.

I have an acer 24'' lcd monitor. It displays the picture fine, however, after a few minutes, a grey no signal box appears in the middle of the screen. The weird thing is, is that there is that there is still a picture being displayed while it is telling me there is no signal. After about a minute of displaying no signal, the monitor turns black, then returns to normal. Again, after a few minutes, no signal pops up, and this repeats. If i try to play a game i also get the no signal thing to pop up. If i press the menu button on the monitor, and let it turn off automatically, then the no signal screen never pops up until i turn the monitor off and on again, or change resolution. However, it still pops up when i try to play games, so it's really becoming an annoyance. The monitor also takes abnormally logn to turn on, about a minute to turn on, during which time it will repeatedly show the word acer fading in and out until it finally turns on. Any idea what's wrong here? Thanks

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I would disconnect the monitor and then reconnect it.

If the problem still continues then I think you need to use your warranty. I seems the monitor has a problem.