Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem persists after replacing every replaceable components, now wha

• Please log in to reply

corona7w

corona7w

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am trying to install windows onto the new hard drive. However after finishing partitioning the hard drive, and it started to copy system files, error messages stating cannot copy the files. After skipping a bunch of them, a BSOD popped up with the IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL. So in attempt to save my computer, I soon replaced the memory and the DVD drive, and the problem persists. I still cannot install windows. I also tried a different OS disc. Is there anything else that might be causing the problem?

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello corona7w,
Has this hard drive ever had XP installed on it before?
I ask because some of the new hard drives do not have drivers for XP.
One thing to look for is if there is anti-virus turned on in the BIOS.
When you first start the computer, look at the screen for the button to press to enter set up.
This is normaly F2, or Delete.
Look around the BIOS for any options on anti-virus.(Most likely under advanced).
You stated that you tried a different install disc, are these valid XP disc?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You can also try this method. I had to instal a floppy drive and install this way on a Microstar computer i built. I just could not get past the errors to install from the CD. I later found out the old owner of the hard drive had botched a install of XP, and had aborted the install. He waited until after i mentioned the problem before he told me his problem.

http://www.tech-reci...on_tips284.html

SRX660