Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MyDVD.MSI missing

• Please log in to reply

HotSauceMarie

HotSauceMarie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I read all the posts regarding the MyDVD.MSI files and tried everything suggested and still can't get my Sonic to work. Please help. I am running WindowsXP and recently installed new Microsoft Updates and haven't been able to get My Sonic to work since. It tells me "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." I tried switching drives from C to D as suggested with no success. I tried repairing Sonic from the add/remove programs and got the message saying MyDVD.MSI file is missing. I did a search on my computer both C and D drives in hidden and system files for this MyDVD.MSI file and it was not found anywhere. I use Sonic to copy discs as it is the easiest way I've found to do so and really would like to have it fixed. Any help would be much appreciated. Marie

Advertisements

HotSauceMarie

HotSauceMarie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay I went to HP Help Desk and they said to uninstall Sonic and then reinstall it using their Application Recovery which is preinstalled on my computer. I did this and now part of Sonic will load and run but the Sonic Disk Copy did not reinstall which is what I use the most. HP doesn't have anything listed for that so what do I do now??? Kim