Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP repair messages

• Please log in to reply

PARIAH

PARIAH

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I went to re-install and decided to repair instead. Several times I got a message along the lines of something failing to bear 'Windows Logo' for compataility, and stating that a program (which it never named) would not be installed.

Should I be concerned?

Advertisements

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi PARIAH,

I would say just give your machine a go and if everything works with no trouble then don't worry. I mean sooner or later you're gonna try to run something and it isn't gonna work so you'll have to download it and install it again...thats when you'll know what Windows was complaining about during that repair.

But if it really bugs you... you indicated that you have the installation CD set for your machine why don't you just go ahead and do a reinstall?

Wendy

PARIAH

PARIAH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
because I'd lose software i still don't have disks for and haven't found freeware replacements for yet :)