Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desperate student emergency HJT help please

• Please log in to reply

epett215

epett215

• Pip
  • 5 posts
NO viruses/malware detected by my scanners, HELP PLEASE! Running terrible.

When I originally got it about 16 months ago it worked like a champ. Very quick and responsive. Only annoyance was Acer built in programs that would regulate profiles and randomly change my brightness (on a side note, I'd like to remove any unessential acer programs since they get in the way).

I'm quite sure I have some unnecessary processes running and instead of removing them myself, i'll go the hijackthis route and see if you all can help =) The computer is running *extremely slow* and is practically impossible to use. This is detrimental to my work at school and because of the slowdown running scans and checks literally take 5 hours at a time. We've been at this for a week now.

I'm running an Acer Aspire 5600 laptop
Intel Centrino Duo T2050 @1.60 GHz not overclocked.
500mb RAM
Windows Media Center XP SP2
100gb hd partitioned into 2 sections. One at 50% free space, the other at 30% free space.

I run AVG free antivirus at all times and now have the spyware version of that as well.
I'm also running SUPERAntiSpyware as recommended by the posting.

AVG anti virus found no problems whatsoever and up until today is fully updated. The spyware version found about 20 tracking cookies only internet related which were deleted and it restarted before I could get a log. After running a second time, it found nothing.

SUPER scan was fully updated and ran, finding no problems whatsoever.

I ran ATF cleaner and it freed up all my temp files giving me about 1gb back.

I used SDFix as well as combofix as i read elsewhere. I will post those along with my hjt log.
We created a system restore point as well.

Attached Files

Advertisements