Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trend Micro and Ad-Aware 2007 Pro

• Please log in to reply

GoCompute

GoCompute

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
So I bought both programs thinking they would work together. However, Trend Micro prompts me to uninstall Ad-Aware 2007 before installing it.

Is their really a conflict, or is this just a "eliminate the competition" scheme? Because I really like both programs and I am hoping I didn't just waste $40 on Ad-Aware.

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
It shouldn't have a problem, The only thing I can think of is that if Ad - Aware has a realtime monitor as well as TrendMicro then you will need to disable one of them as it will cause your computer to slow and could potentially put you even more at risk if the programs were to conflict.

GoCompute

GoCompute

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I'm not sure if Trend Micro has a realtime monitor but AdAware does - which is the one reason I bought it. Thanks for your advice.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Well Trend's an anti-virus program, and an anti-virus program without a realtime monitor isn't a very good anti-virus.
Adaware Paid version has a real-time monitor, the free version doesn't. It's possible they'll conflict.