Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Capture Streaming Video

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Is there a program, that will capture a stream from IE, and output it to an external source i.e. TV.

Can this all happen simultaneously or do you have to capture and record a stream, then play it back later? I would definitely prefer the first option.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
This might not be what you're asking for, but what if you used S-Video?

If your TV and computer both have an S-Video port, then all you need is to run the wire, and set your display settings to output. If you press the input button on your TV it should appear.

If not, your TV might have a VGA port, which we use for our computer monitors. If your TV has one of those, you'll need to buy a VGA cord, as well as a VGA Monitor Splitter of some sort. Check your local electronics store for specifics. Once they are both connected, just tinker with your display settings to make it perfect. This will ensure that everything is displayed, and without any illegal recordings due to copyright, or loss of detail.

Let me know how you feel about it.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Thanks for the reply.

Hooking up the PC to TV is not a problem. Ive gone a few rounds with a few TV's. This time its just the streaming video, not the whole desktop. Is there a way to just put the video out instead of the whole screen.

Thanks.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well, you would still need one of those cable choices to get it to the TV, but instead of transmitting the whole desktop, and just video, would could use something like the Windows Media Center. Do you have that installed? That should allow for only videos to be broadcast. I'll have another look around too.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
No MCE its straight up XP SP2 (SP3 beta broke all my VM's :) )

Thanks for the shot, Im gonna keep looking myself.