Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disabling Windows Firewall, And Uninstall Quesitons

• Please log in to reply

security_goat

security_goat

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello,

I recently purchased a Dell Inpiron 1721, that is running Vista Home Premium. This is a two fold question, since i am unfamiliar with Vista i have not figured out how to do these yet.

How do I disable Windows Firewall? I have Comodo running, and I feel that it will be enough for me.
Also I unistalled the Trend Micro that came pre installed on my Laptop, however windows security center still is telling me that the Trend Micro Internet firewall is running. It does not show up on the Add/ Remove programs tab. How can I get it off my computer?

Thank you,

Security Goat

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Open the Control Panel and click on "Security Center". Click on the 'firewall', then the down arrow....What firewalls are running?

You can disable the two Firewalls through Services. Type services.msc in the Start Search box.

Edited by Jacee, 26 March 2008 - 01:22 PM.

security_goat

security_goat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
when i click to see what firewalls are running it says:
COMODO Firewall Pro
PC-cillin Internet Security Firewall
Windows Firewall

I have disabled the Windows Firewall :)
Now all I have to do is figure out where the rest of this PC-cillin junk is hiding.
Now i am sure it is a great product, but i would rather use the ones that are free!

Thank you for your help Jacee