Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios Locks up, Cannot load windows xp

• Please log in to reply

^_^

^_^

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi, I just bought a new Motherboard, and im not able to load windows.

Motherboard - http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813138079
RAM - http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820231055

Im using a Pny nvidia Geforce 8500GT since the on board video is all screwed up like a bad signal on a tv.
somtimes it would freeze at the Video card info screen, since thats the first thing it shows when i power my computer up.
so i tried Reseting the Cmos and Bios. it gets through, and the the biostar start up page comes up. i wait after a few seconds, it goes
into a Hardware check up page kinda thing. it shows all my hardware ects, and at the bottom it says sumthing about my cpu settings have been changed or ratio, and cmos Checksum error (somthing like that dont remember) so i just F1 and continue, it goes to another page about Loading data DEI DVI DVe [dont remember >_<] gets through after a few seconds, woot it gets to a Boot selection page. i press start windows up normaly..and BAM. It Frozen..the counter isnt even counting down. i did the same proccess and pressed on other boot up selections, like safe mode ects. it just goes into a blank screen.

When i attempt to go into bios, it would lock up after 10 seconds.
in the manual it says it only supports single channel, but im using duel channel ram. i dont know if that makes up to any factor of the problem but the hardware checks my ram as good.

So basically i cant access bios or load windows with out the compputer locking up after 10 seconds.
any help would be Great, i know this is alot to read, but Thank you for taking your time to help out!

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Try using 1 stick of RAM at a time and in different slots. If you can it would be good idea to put your RAM in another machine to see if it is working properly. I think you are going to be looking at a new board.

in the manual it says it only supports single channel, but im using duel channel ram. i dont know if that makes up to any factor of the problem but the hardware checks my ram as good.

This just means that your RAM will only run in single channel. In fact the only thing that allows your RAM to be called "dual channel" is the fact that the sticks are identical.