Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aurora /nails.exe / buddy.exe /POLLER.EXE virus?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

vanguardd

vanguardd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Basically I am having problems with popups from Aurora and my Vshield software thinks there is a virus in a file called POLLER.EXE. Vshield calls it a backdoor-CQQ. I also get the warning that it is called POLLER[1].EXE. I have looked all over for something about POLLER.EXE on google.

What gets me is that AVG doesnt seem to think there is a virus on my machine. But I know there is Mal/spamware on my computer because of the Aurora popups. I originally tried ad-aware to remove all these problems but it didnt seem to. I was updated to the latest as this was the first time I even installed ad-aware and checked that to begin with. Spybot didnt seem to find anything. But this time I read a post from Corrine saying to post my ad-aware log and I noticed it had the buddy.exe and nails.exe listed as problems. This I did find something on and I also thought that POLLER.EXE was related to them since Aurora is related to them usually. Any kind of insight on how to remove these menaces would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I forgot to add I followed the directions on the post regarding where to get help on this and it mentioned

Copy/paste the complete log file in a thread of your own. Do not quarantine or remove anything at this time, just post a complete log file.

Logfile removed: Incorrect scan type

Edited by Andy_veal, 25 April 2005 - 05:30 PM.

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
If you want help with your logfile, you should do this;
read these instructions here;
http://www.geekstogo...ons-t16830.html
when you have followed guidelines (made all settings and all that)
download/install this cleaner here;
http://www.ccleaner.com/
Then just run your "Full system scan", post your scanlog again and expert's will take a look and will tell what you need to do next.

- Rawe :tazz:

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
In order to assist you, we need to see the log from an Ad-Aware SE 1.05 full system scan.

Important Note! Before performing a scan, be sure that you have the most recent definitions file by using WebUpdate. (Click on the Globe icon, Click connect, Click OK, Click Finish.) At this current point * SE1R40 20.04.2005 * is the most recent definition file.

Ad-Aware SE comes preconfigured with default options so we need you to make only one change. Please deselect "Search for negligible risk entries" as negligible risk entries (MRU's) are not considered to be a threat. This option can be changed when choosing your scan type.

Select "Perform Full System Scan" and press "Next". When the scan has completed, click "Show Logfile".

Please copy/paste the complete log file here using the reply button. Don't quarantine or remove anything at this time, just post a complete logfile. This sometimes takes 2-3 posts to get it all posted. You will know you are at the end when you see the "Summary of this scan" information has been posted.

When you have posted your log here, Team Lavasoft can advise on what to do next.

Please post back if you have any questions or other problems.

Good luck

Andy

bobbywilson

bobbywilson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Here's my cleansing tactic: Get TDS-3 Trojan Remover free download, and update it manually.

Boot into Windows Safe Mode by pressing F8 at system bootup. Run TDS full scan/AVG full scan/Ad-aware full scan (and SpyBot if you have it).

I managed to get rid of some die hard trojan/spyware crud using this method, give it a try if you run out of options. :tazz:

Advice Edited
Thanks for your suggestion, though some of your advice could of caused later problems.

;)

Edited by Andy_veal, 10 May 2005 - 10:43 AM.

bobbywilson

bobbywilson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Advice Edited
Thanks for your suggestion, though some of your advice could of caused later problems.

:)

View Post

:tazz:

;) Fair enough, but you can catch related files this way that sometimes don't get picked up, but I understand that if the virus spawns an "explorer.exe" poor "Joe" might kill his computer if he follows my advice. ;)

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
bobbywilson please see my PM. :tazz:

vanguardd please follow my instructions above