Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sparrow.sys Corrupted. Need help please.

• Please log in to reply

JackCoke

JackCoke

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So I started off having a problem (don't remember exact nature) where I could not start up my computer. Threw in my windows XP disk to reformat and it gets about 70 percent or so through the installation and I get that sparrow.sys error and all I can do is restart and try to reinstall windows again which just leads back to the aformentioned problem. I can't install because of that problem. Did something fry out on my computer?

I did not install anything new on my computer in the last 3 months or so nor have I had any other problems until this point.

On a friends computer at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, if this is in the wrong forum then I apologize.

Advertisements

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
download and wipe your hard drive with boot and nuke
unzip the file and burn it to cd
then put cd in in cdtray
turn off your computer and turn it back on
boot and nuke will detect your harddrive and you can begin wiping it out /zeroing it

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

choose this option
Download DBAN for installation on CD and DVD media.
then try to reinstall windows
make sure your cds is clean and no scratches when reinstalling