Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't get any movie players to work on my computer

• Please log in to reply

matthew staton

matthew staton

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hey guys I used to watch movies on my computer for some reason it wont let me do it any more???? I tryed windows media player 11. I have a 24inch acer 2ms lcd q6600 at 3.2 ghz 2 8800gt videeo cards in sli and tryed 4 diferent dvd burners to I have tons of hardware can't figure it out. zThis is what I get any ideas????? Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the DVD Troubleshooter. I am running windows xp pro

Advertisements

security_goat

security_goat

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello,

I have found this software http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ Will play just about any media format, Movies or Music.

I have used it for clients who have un-installed Video Codecs on their laptops and cannot play DVDs because of this, and do not have the re-install disks to put the codec back. VLC media player does it all.

Good luck

Security Goat

EDIT: oops, put the wrong link in there!

Edited by security_goat, 27 March 2008 - 02:44 PM.