Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death with COD2 installation

• Please log in to reply

va_roman_90

va_roman_90

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i just got COD2 and was installing it putting the discs in as it prompted and when Disc 3 seems about half done i get a Blue Screen of Death, has anyone else experienced this problem? got enough memory and uninstalled a lot of the games and useless software, restarted my computer in safe mode, done as much as i could to install the game.

Edit: found the stop points and such:
commonly stops about *shortened file name*(note:backslashes are suppose to be forward slashes, have no way to make them-main/iw_08.iwd or main/iw_09.iwd on Disc 3
most i got to was: main/iw_12.iwd on Disc 4
every time after restart i get the "Your system has recovered from a serious error" message
the BSoD always gives the technical information as :
(*=stars, sorry again no way i can think of to get them)(written quickly on paper, so spacing may be off)
***STOP:0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0x806D0753, 0xEE55CC28, oxEE55c924)

no idea what seems to happen with it, last time i tried it didn't even get past the 1st disc...so i gave up after that, took the BSoD message after that install, think it's the same anyway

specs:i have no idea how to find them(been awhile since i had to anyway), sorry if it slows response time to me down
but as much as i know: Intel Pentium 4, ATI RADEON X300/X500, Dell computer...sorry i don't know anymore there

Edited by va_roman_90, 27 March 2008 - 03:21 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
start by running defrag on your hard drive, followed by checkdisk. Then update your video drivers and try again.

Also, make sure the cd's are free of scratchs, dust, finger prints, ect.

va_roman_90

va_roman_90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
that might be a problem, i've only run defrag once since i got the computer and that was Oct of last year.i know the discs are free of damage and everything because that's the first thing i look at opening them and every time it BSoD on me i checked. i also have no clue what Checkdisk is unless it's Disk Cleanup, and anything special to do in order to update drivers or do i just do a search on it? i will do a defrag and the other general system tools and try anything else i can think of that would be reasonable to try.

va_roman_90

va_roman_90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
problem was solved with 1 driver download and a defrag, thanks for the reminder of the driver updates starjax