Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No signal

• Please log in to reply

jaxmc

jaxmc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I just recently built a new machine, below are the specs for this machine. The problem I am having is that I'm not getting any video at all. I've replaced the power supply and video card and am still getting a no signal message on the monitor. I know the monitor works because I've hooked it up to my laptop via the VGA connection. Everything else is working just fine as far as I can tell.

Thank you.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4
CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz 95W Quad-Core Black Edition
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 4GB SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100225L Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4
PSU: CORSAIR VX550W
Monitor: Acer AL2016 DVI-D
Hard drives: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD753LJ 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA-300
Optical Drives: LITE-ON Black 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe

Advertisements

SirNight33

SirNight33

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I had the same problem with radeon cards...went out and bought a 700W rocket fish psu and changed to a radeon x1950HD.Btw if your trying to connect vga with that dvi adapter make sure the pins arent missing i had to return mine 3times! also make sure its connected properly :) and dont put the psu upside down thats how my old pc got fried..... :)

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Those pins are missing because they are not needed. The missing pins are for a digital signal which is not needed in a VGA converter which only uses an analog signal.

To Jaxmc:

Play around with the RAM. Try one stick at a time and in different slots. It would be ideal if you could drop your RAM in someone else's machine to make sure it works.