Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti virus?

• Please log in to reply

Trash man

Trash man

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
can some one suggest a good (hopefully free) anti virus software for sony ericsson K770i???

Advertisements

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
TrashMan,

You know the world is coming to an end soon when we require anti-virus software for our cellphones!!!

Anyways - I googled it and came up with:

Link to torrent site removed.

Not sure if this is legit or not - but check it out and hopefully it might be what you're looking for.

- John

Trash man

Trash man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
thats not wat i want dude.......

Edited by Trash man, 30 March 2008 - 04:53 AM.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi John,

Although some files shared through P2P are legal its never a good idea to take the chance and I doubt that this is legal.
It is also a very dangerous practice to use P2P programs as most of the files are infected with virii.
I would recommend you stay away from those types of websites before you end up in our malware forums :)

@Trashman - I couldn't find anything that I would recommend after a quick google search, sorry for hijacking your thread :)

Edited by Suerte, 30 March 2008 - 07:51 AM.

Trash man

Trash man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
so what does this mean....there is no safe way to keep my phone safe???

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Most viruses are programmed to only be effective on Windows-based machines. This is why Macs and Linux-based PCs have much fewer problems with viruses and why cell phones pretty much have nothing to worry about currently. As cell phones become more and more like computers, I wouldn't be surprised if we see cell phone viruses sometime down the road, but right now there isn't any need for an anti-virus program on your phone.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
There aren't many viruses for cellphones - I know of one, but right now you don't need an anti-virus for your cell phone. When the time comes, I think we'll see more of these made for 'open' Operating Systems like Windows Mobile and Symbian.

metaphorical_blinders

metaphorical_blinders

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

You know the world is coming to an end soon when we require anti-virus software for our cellphones!!!

- John

i think so too :)