Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

php issue

• Please log in to reply

helraizer

helraizer

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi folks,

At the moment I have made a mini shoutbox that can be used on myspace, or similar. The image is then shown on the user's myspace and the form to post a comment can also be included too. As a hidden field they will put their myspace URL, which means that as soon as they post it goes to mysite but instantaneously redirects them to their myspace page.

At the moment it does post the comment to the shoutbox... The problem I have is that on the site it posts to, normally holds/hosts the image (myspace_image.php) that pull the information from the database and adds it the shoutbox image (the image that is on their myspace). So since it doesn't load this picture before it is redirected when they post from myspace, their comment doesn't appear on the image until someone views/loads the myspace_image.php file even on the shoutbox page on my site..

Does anyone know how I can get around this? It somehow needs to load the image before it/as it redirects to their myspace, so that the comment appears on it.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Sam

Edited by helraizer, 30 March 2008 - 11:08 AM.

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly, but wouldn't a "auto-refresh" solve your problem?
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="n;url">
n is the number of seconds to wait before loading the specified URL.

url is an absolute URL to be loaded.

helraizer

helraizer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey, thanks for the reply.

I am actually using the meta method currently and it seems to work well but the quickest is 0.5s but it has to load the page first. So I was wondering if there was a more efficient/quicker way?

Sam