Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No system admin rights on home PC

• Please log in to reply

mishields

mishields

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Weeks ago I did have a virus and used your malaware topics to scan and hopefully cleanup.
The popup message I kept getting was that 'my computer files are being copied, etc.'

That all went away and scans looked good.

Now I'm going to uninstall a program, add/remove hardware, do defrag, and the Windows message is: THis operation has been cancelled due to restrictions placed on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

Well, I don't think I've changed any settings, and wonder if this is an effect of the virus. I hate to think of having to do a restore. I haven't been diligent in updating or backing up my system/apps, etc. so don't know what point to restore back to. In fact I can't do the simple restore from Control Panel, will have to use the CD backup/restore that came with the computer.

Any help ... much appreciated.

Thanks,
Maureen

Advertisements