Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen?

• Please log in to reply

joncarver

joncarver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently had Spymaxx come onto my computer. I am completely computer illiterate and UN-savey. I called my web designer sister to help me out. She coached me through googling a solution to the problem.
I found Geeks to Go and followed the instructions on using SmitFraudFix. Now Spymax seems to have gone but my wallpaper is still hidden behind a plain blue screen. This screen used to display Spymaxes scary warning and the link to their website to buy their anti spyware product. After using SmitFraudFix, that warning is now gone and also the constant pop-up warnings have ceased, but the blue screen is still their behind my desktop icons hiding my lovely wallpaper picture of my kids.

How do I fix this?

Additional stuff: I bring up internet and go surfing. Google something then click on the link. Half the time I get jumped now to something completely different. And everything is alot slower now. Also when I go to close the internet window, sometimes the page goes blank but still remains up and frozen. The only thing I can do when this happens is restart the computer. What's going on?

Edited by joncarver, 04 April 2008 - 06:12 PM.

Advertisements