Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Office Pro 2003 error messages

• Please log in to reply

Sammi Jo

Sammi Jo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have already had MS word and Excel on my computer and I went back to install publisher... when I went to do so it gave me error messages the first saying that I didn't have access to my "stdole.dll" the second was error message 2350 and it was telling me internal error contact miscosoft support services, and the last was error message 1334 saying: "'stdole_dll_5_____X86.3643236F_FC70_11D3_A536_0090278A1BB8' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'PA561401.CAB'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

I have taken MS office off of my machine completely and tried a fresh install with no luck, the scary thing is that this stdole.dll file cannot be delete even in the ADMINISTRATOR account in windows XP, which sounds a whole lot like a virus in my MBR... I had a virus on my hard drive not too long ago and it might be a reprocussion of that... which means a complete re-install of Windows :'( any suggestions before it comes to this?

Thanks

Edited by Sammi Jo, 31 March 2008 - 04:33 PM.

Advertisements