Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox and wireless network issues

• Please log in to reply

tmy121

tmy121

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, I'm having a problem with Mozilla Firefox. When I try to load the browser I get an error message saying "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." I do not see any processes that say Firefox and I have tried uninstalling and re-downloading but it didn't work. Also, my computer is detecting my wireless network with a strong signal strength but I receive a "Failed to open page" message when I try to open Internet Explorer. I thought these might be malware issues but Rorshach112 said he thought they were tech related and sent me over here. Any help will be gladly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to solve the problem in one browser first, otherwise the situation will become more confusing. Also, try to enter into a very common internet sites like google or msn. Don't try any other sites at the moment.

1: Uninstall Firefox and reboot.

2: Disable your firewall temporarily (please report what firewall you are using). Any improvement? If not:

3: Open Internet Explorer > tools > internet options. Open the following tabs and set to default: Security (each of the four options), Privacy, Advanced.

4: If still no good Go to this site and run reset tcp/ip .

tmy121

tmy121

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the response. Resetting my IP fixed the wireless problem. I uninstalled Firefox and redownloaded and installed it, but I still receive the error message.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
The solution to the error message can be found here.

tmy121

tmy121

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Everything is fixed now. Thanks for your help!

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
You are welcome.