Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TrojanDowloader.xs, Desktop Changed, No Task Manager.

• Please log in to reply

jayway23

jayway23

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello GTG people, I have a problem and I need serious help from you guys. First of all, I'm not really good in computers, but I have some knowledge about it. So this was what happened, I downloaded Limewire Pro using uTorrent. After the download was finished, I installed it, then all of a sudden, my AV program reacted. I got trojan horses. I believe its a TrojanDownloader.xs.

Now I'm scared that my computer will die because Popups are appearing, my desktop contains something like this --> "Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your PC.... Click here to scan your PC for spyware...", and I cannot access the Task Manager. Windows Security Center Pop-ups appear.

Please help me with this guys. I need you help. :)

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi jayway and welcome to GeekstoGo!

I suggest you head over to the malware forums. Read this thread first. Following what is outlined there you will get rid of at least the majority of your malware problems. If the problem still persists post a Hijack this log HERE for the experts to analyze. If it has been 3 days and you haven't received help, post in the waiting room and someone will get to you.

jayway23

jayway23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks Suerte! :) I hope that these will get rid as soon as possible. How long do you think this will take?

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
The staff here is great and will definitely be able to help you, just keep in mind that they are all volunteers and that this forum is very busy, they will try to get to you as soon as possible but they can't get everyone immediately. If it has been over 3 days post in the waiting room forum here at G2G. Also the staff looks for topics in the malware forum with 0 replies so bumping or replying to your thread will probably give you a longer waiting time.

Good luck,

Mike