Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc problems when viewing media files

• Please log in to reply

Aimee

Aimee

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Pretty much every media file I try to view online, like in YouTube, or on a news site, or sports site, goes like this...

I click play and I hear the hard drive begin to race, and then the mouse pointer becomes uncontrollable--jumping around, any media that actually plays is choppy at best, at worst starts and stops so badly that it's pointless to try to watch. Sometimes I can get the pointer to land on the pause button and pause the video until the thing seems to "load" and then it will play normally.

I have a 2006 Dell Dimension DM051, Pentium R D CPU 2.66GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Could this be a problem with plugins or drivers, or with my hard drive? I have taken all steps to clean my pc as well, and it is not infected as far as I can tell.

Thanks for any help... it wasn't like this when I first got it.... but it's driving me crazy!

Advertisements

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
You seriously need to check this thread out and do as it says:

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

After doing so you should know if you have anything on your system causing this. Which is exactly what I suspect... If not it's got to be your hard drive dying. I would go ahead and reinstall windows if you find no infections using the instructions at the link above^^^.

:)