Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp not detecting my IPOD...

• Please log in to reply

sachinghai

sachinghai

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Guys,

I am new geeks!!!! hope I can get your solution here!!I'm having trouble with maa IPOD. I bought a new Ipod nano 3rd generation. It got it charged on the same day i bought it. it was working fine & showing the "Z" sign while charging on the battery (top LHS). Next day, I got a pen drive to get some data from my fren & I thought tht was infected one & my sys got infected. Now whenver I try to use my ipod, its does not even show the charging sign...when I try to remove the usb device, "its says generic USB cant be removed at this moment". When I to ITUNES prefernce "it does not show IPOD connnected."

I tried to format my IPOD, & its says cannot script file virusremoval.vbs. I tried transfering songs to ipod & although it accquires the capacity in ipod, but in the music folder, its says "NO MUSIC".

Do I need to format my PC.

I'm really pissed off, as i was very crazy abt ipod & cant use it, even I own one. Can anybody help me with this???.

Advertisements

gutterman

gutterman

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Please explain how you connected to share music with your friend. My first thought is you may have damaged the IPod connection slot, which I imagine would make it useless. Were you able to easily insert the Pen Drive into the nano easily? What I'm seeing is that the majority of pen drives are USB based.

If my first questions were off and you didn't try to shove a USB drive into an IPod nano, then I could imagine some malicious file. However, I think your friend would have the same issue.